Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
its just designating a new model......

2000 they started the gpr body style ,,,,, the previous version was the gp, doesnt even compare to a gpr in my opinion

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think the GPR has the power valves. (I have a 98' GP1200W it does not have power valves).
ya new model, totally new motor,, the gpr has powervalves and its an 1179cc instead of the 1156cc like the gp..... however the 05+ 1300 gpr's dont not have PV's either

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know

New here but I do know the answer to this one: The letter is the designation by Yamaha of the years. I have a 1999 Yamaha GP1200(x) where x designates the years of certain models. After the (x) came (r) GPr. Hope that helps. Do a google and find the other year designations.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
New here but I do know the answer to this one: The letter is the designation by Yamaha of the years. I have a 1999 Yamaha GP1200(x) where x designates the years of certain models. After the (x) came (r) GPr. Hope that helps. Do a google and find the other year designations.:)
not necessarily.... my 2000 gpr is designated gp1200AY,,, but called a gp1200r.......

all GPR's from 2000+ are called GPR......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts