Personal Water Craft Forum banner

What does the 'R" designate

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Outlaw 
#1 ·
What does the "R" mean on a 2000 Yam Waverunner GP1200R ?

#2 ·
its just designating a new model......

2000 they started the gpr body style ,,,,, the previous version was the gp, doesnt even compare to a gpr in my opinion

#4 ·
ya new model, totally new motor,, the gpr has powervalves and its an 1179cc instead of the 1156cc like the gp..... however the 05+ 1300 gpr's dont not have PV's either

#5 ·
I know

New here but I do know the answer to this one: The letter is the designation by Yamaha of the years. I have a 1999 Yamaha GP1200(x) where x designates the years of certain models. After the (x) came (r) GPr. Hope that helps. Do a google and find the other year designations.:)

#6 ·
New here but I do know the answer to this one: The letter is the designation by Yamaha of the years. I have a 1999 Yamaha GP1200(x) where x designates the years of certain models. After the (x) came (r) GPr. Hope that helps. Do a google and find the other year designations.:)
not necessarily.... my 2000 gpr is designated gp1200AY,,, but called a gp1200r.......

all GPR's from 2000+ are called GPR......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.