Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I already have a 2017 waverunner and recently bought a 2010 waverunner deluxe for the rest of the family use and they love it, wanna take care of it and looked up some oils for jetskis and going to get this I think:

www.searchforparts.com/jet-ski-oil-change/yamaha-2010-waverunner-vx-vx-sport-vx-deluxe-vx-cruiser-1100-1100.0

or pass by discount auto parts and see what they have, before I make a purchase, wondering what brand oil do you use to protect the engine. Also where do you store your waverunner? (or best place to store)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Jeff.

I just use YamaLube; however; we buy (everything: oil, filters, spark plugs, etc.) in bulk and I use the YamaLube 10w-40 in both our 2018 Yamaha VXR and 2019 Kawasaki SXR-1500. (We use BRP “XPS” 5w-40 in the 2019 SeaDoo Spark TRixx)

Also, buying in bulk allows me to make sure I have everything I will need end of next season in-hand and on-the-shelf, ready-to-go.

Since confirming oil is full in each engine from dealer, each oil change I perform, I measure exactly how much oil I pumped out and that is precisely how much I put back in (keeps things simple and oil levels are always right where they need to be …)

Heres a link to what we last ordered: Amazon.com: Yamaha New OEM WaveRunner Boat Oil Case of 4 Gallons 10W-40 4W LUB-10W40-WV-04 : Automotive

^^^That works out to $5 / quart whereas …

…. I about dropped my iPad when I searched how much a quart of that Amsoil goes for - IN$ANE!!!!! Amazon.com: Amsoil Synthetic 10W-40 Marine Engine Oil (1 Quart) : Automotive <<< $31 / quart is freaking unbelievable! 😳

As far as storage, we have the second largest Uhaul indoor storage facility in the US about 20-mins from house and the place is MADE FOR storing toys - 100% climate controlled (as in No Chance of temps ever even approaching freezing); well lit, always clean as whistle, etc.)

Where are you at? Or, how many months can night temps drop below freezing, where you’re at? How long are your winters?

Just like I’ve never put so much as a drop of any pump fuel containing ethanol in any power toy we own I’d be hard pressed to imagine the circumstances that’d lead me to store any of our jet skis outdoors over the winter (we’re in Western Carolina - foothills to the Great Smoky Mountains - and more south than we are north but, close enough to the mountains that below freezing is the rule at night from Dec-March)

If I ever did have to store a ski outside over the winter I’d search for some of the YouTube videos on forcing ALL water out of the machine AND ways of keeping rodents from nesting up inside there. (Ie - bring seats inside …)

After UV sunlight there isn’t anything harder on rubber hoses and synthetic gaskets, etc than uber-dry, below-freezing temps!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts