Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Sxr-800 and even in low mild conditions the ski still jumps out of the water causing me to lose acceleration. I've been doing some research and apparently a new ride plate along with a new intake grate should fix this issue. Any suggestions on what brand? What site is good for parts? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they have a website? I want to make sure I buy the best one for me. I just started riding but I can tell whenever I give it a good amount of throttle it tries to skip and jump out of the water in just low/med waves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah they do you know there's a whole click of riders in bakersfield who'd prolly know what to recommend. under los angeles area craigslist do a search for superjet or 750 SXI and call one of 'em selling a $5500 ski.

they could make some good suggestions.

i'm really no expert.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '99 sxi pro with the older Worx grate and plate with 0 degree bars.
The Worx parts had gave superb results but you still had to keep your weight way forward and use a ton of body english to get it smooth. The zero degree bars helped a bit. I would speculate that the 1 inch shorter pole and/or cheaper 1 inch shorter steering plate would make a huge difference.

I just bought a Valiant Blue '08 SXR 800 (it looks like the original '86 and '06 anniversary Suzuki GSX-R 750) I have these bikes and am a Suzuki fan though cool, I admit the ski does look like a suzuki GSX-R rip-off (even the name)!!!

I noticed the stock '08 does not porpise (they fixed that trait but left all the other bad ones intact plus added one to make it slow down faster off the throttle) and this ski needs your weight as far BACK as possible. It would be easier to learn to ride if I had never ridden the sxi pro.

Some parts are compatible with both models but I think I am going to keep the original WORX parts on the sxi pro and sell it. I'll order the newest WORX design for the SXR (buying today). These will be the WORX WR311 plate, WR225 grate, and WR528 sponsons.

If you are mostly in the ocean you may want to consider stainless or carbon fiber plates and grates. I have not tried any of them.

Check these sites:
blowsion.com
https://www.worxusa.com

Hope this helps and I'll let you know how these parts work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts