Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a 2000 sea doo 110hp.little bit under powered . we r a family of 4, with a driver and spotter the ski seems under powered to pull me up on a mono ski. looking to buy a newer 07 ski, but what one? honda yam seadoo etc to be used in the bay island hopping, 3 adults to go spear fishing and on the lake with the family playing on tubes , kneel brd and skiing. is there a 4 seater ski?

thanks for your input

Mark

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Don't know about SeaDoo, but when I was looking I tried several different Yamaha's and the 2 newer Honda models (12 and 15). My brother also owns both a 2006 Yamaha VX and FX HO, so I had spent a number of hours on them. For towing the bigger Yamaha FX HO (160 hp) was significantly better than the VX (110 hp). I towed a towable with 2 adults with it with no problem. The VX would pull the towable, but it was a strain. The Yamaha FX was also more stable with 3 passengers, but I wouldn't recommend it for 3 adults (or any ski for that matter). It handled me, my wife and my daughter OK, but I would not care to try it in rough water with that much weight. They all get a little squirrely with more weight. I think the max recommended weight for the Yamaha FX is just over 500 pounds. The big Honda F-15(X) was also nice, but I actually liked the non-turbo model better. The Honda F-12(X) was more comparable to the Yamaha VX in ride and handling (both more like a sports care feel with more bumps and a wetter ride compared to the bigger models). After all my test drives my top choices were the Honda F-15 (non-turbo) or the Yamaha FX HO/Cruiser. The Yamaha won out with more features (adjustable steering column, etc.) Plus there are virtually no used Honda F-15s out there, and a new one was too expensive. I ended up finding a used 2008 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser with low hours for a great price, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts