Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just got a "new to us" Aquatrax 12r turbo, and was wondering if there were any "rough spots" to look for?

(ie: problem areas)

We have 2 older seadoos, so not total newbs to jet skis. (1997 2 strokes) But are new to 4 strokers.

Thanks for any input! Have a great summer!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had no issues with my R-12x from a technical standpoint (guy before me caused some cosmetic damage is all). Just one thing, there is a dreaded Code 25 that is popular among these skis that keeps them from going above 3,000 RPM. Code 25 is supposed to indicate a bad knock sensor. However, 90% of the time, its a bad ECM component . This happened to me at the beginning of the season. There is a guy by the name of "GenTune" who can repair them quickly and pretty cheaply (Considering a new ECM is $600+). Other than that, i've thoroughly enjoyed mine. Very fast and very fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm currently in the market for another Jetski. I've had a 2-stroke Polaris for a couple years now and have loved it. I'm currently entertaining a post about a 2005 Honda Aqua Trax Turbo. Now I know nothing about these and was hoping someone could aim me in the right direction as what to look for if I decide to go check this out. I did see some threads about checking for corrosion and that these PWCs need regular maintenance after each use to keep them running tip top. How can I check to see if the owners neglected it? How can I tell if there are some underlying issues they may not be telling me about? The PWC has 300 hours of operation and comes with a trailer. The owner is asking 4k which to me doesn't seem like alot but I just want to make sure I'm not walking into a trap. Any questions I can ask to raise some flags or anything I can look for??? Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts