Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 98 Yamaha XL1200 with 40 hours on it in very good condition. Supposed to be very clean and runs fast and strong.

OR

Seadoo 99 GTX RFI fuel injected with 70 hours on it in very good clean condition.
both come on a trailer and have been well cared for.

My main use will be cruising on a lake sometimes with my wife on it, and sometimes just out to take a ride. We also like to go to an island here in Fla and sit at the beach for awhile. I may want to saltwater fish inshore from time to time, but have kind of decided to dedicate another ski to that.

What say you.... which would you buy. I can get either for about $1800

I'm interested in your pros and cons of each.... thanks !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know much about either specific ski. I have owned many yamaha land machines and currently have a 1995 Yamaha WR3 and a 2004 FXHO Cruiser. I have always had good luck with Yamaha... Knock on wood!!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I would stay away from DI or RFI two strokes. Heard they are expensive to repair if something goes wrong and not all shops work on them. I had a 98 GP1200 (same motor as the XLT1200) and it was wonderful. However these motors are hard to start when cold.:thumbsdown: That is the only downside.

The other side of the coin is that some areas will be implementing a ban on carbed two strokes soon so the RFI SeaDoo might be your best bet (other than a 4 stroke) if you live in one of these areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts