Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm currently negotiating with a dealer for a new 2009 FZR. Never touched the water. Brand spanking new leftover. New Load Rite WV1200 trailer. And a new Yamaha cover.

What would you pay? Please.

Thanks!

P.S. I saw a thread where a new 09 leftover FZR was being sold for $7000.00US Funds. Was that accurate?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'd say $10500 would be a super deal. $11000 would be a very good deal. If I really wanted one, I'd probably go higher.

I can't believe that anybody sold one for $7000 unless there was something wrong with it (scratched, hull damage, etc..).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ernest. You hit the number on the head. I offered 10500.00. I've got my eye on another. If I don't hear from the dealer by Monday evening I'm going to buy the other one. It has a few hours. The dealer said he'd need 10800.00. I'm sticking with 10500. He's been sitting on this thing for two years or a bit more.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That was a pretty incredible deal, unless it was just some ploy to get you into the shop, so they could tack on a bunch of extra fees.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea, I don't know that I could turn down that $10800 price if it includes a cover and trailer.............that is a nice buy! Don't let them stick on a bunch of extra fees!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Closed the deal today. 2009 FZR zero hours. 2011 WV1200 loadrite trailer. New cover. $10,700.00 for all.

Thanks for the advise. Anything I should know about this rig?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Closed the deal today. 2009 FZR zero hours. 2011 WV1200 loadrite trailer. New cover. $10,700.00 for all.

Thanks for the advise. Anything I should know about this rig?
Congratulations............Very good deal. Enjoy!

Many guys recommend replacing the intake grate and ride plate on the FZR, due to bucking issues at WOT. May not be a factor if you don't push the ski. You might want to look at this thread on Greenhulk: Fzr,fzs,sho buck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that is scary, Ernest. Please help me and spare me from reading about 300 pages of posts. Do I buy a different grate? Do I chance it? Or do I not even bother buying the rig?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with the dealer and there was a recall with the grate and it has been rectified on the boat I'm purchasing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I spoke with the dealer and there was a recall with the grate and it has been rectified on the boat I'm purchasing.
Good deal. You are good to go. Try to keep your arms from being ripped out of the sockets when you hit the throttle. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts