Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm near 6'1" 180 pounds and was looking at the most recent pair of goodies 4 freestyle...sxr or superjet Being that im a large rider, thought maybe the size of sxr would be a better balance...though i much prefer the superjet....I use to ride a old skoo kawi no experience with yamaha...any advice is greatly appreciated :D

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
though i have never owned an sxr but have ridden a few,and do like them, i think the sj is better suited for freestyle. your size i dont think will be an issue, as i've seen riders bigger, that do just fine.
you will definately have more options with the sj, and if your going to build it up yourself, the parts are easier and cheaper imho..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super Jet for sure , you maybe 6'1 but your only 180 i am 220 and have no problems on a super jet my mate has a SXR and its only good for going around close course stuff , if you want Freeride or freestyle SJ for sure

or get a after market Ski , i have a Rickter XFS on the way and another mate 185 pounds has a Rickter FS2 coming he has the SXR , SJ and Hydrospace already , He like the SJ the best by far but wants to get more into the Freeride - Freestyle so has a Rickter on the way .

if you are getting for this buy a built ski , i converted my new 2010 SJ and spent more on mods than i did on the ski itself . join up on X-H2O - Epicenter of Freestyle and Freeride jetskiing great site and you should find a nice well set up ski there for sale as lots of guys upgrading there ski's over the winter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts