Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 2000 Yamaha 1200 XL. It's dark green with 90 hrs. It has no sun fading, cracks, or tears in the seat cover. There are some minor scuffs and peeling of the graphics, but nothing major.

It's on an old rusty trailer, which probably isn't worth more than $200. It comes with the cover.

He's asking $3100, which is more like the price I wanted to pay for a pair, but this is nicer than what I was planning on buying. I want to offer him $2200, and try to get it for $2500.

Is it a pretty good deal for the price? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If it in good shape and runs good in the water, I'd say $3000 is not a bad price. If you can get it for $2500 that would be a bargain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it in good shape and runs good in the water, I'd say $3000 is not a bad price. If you can get it for $2500 that would be a bargain.
That's what I was thinking. He already told me he won't go down to $2000, but I think he'll come down to $2500.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi 2500 to 2700 is a great deal on that. You can trade out the trailer for a nicer one and only cost a hundred or two. Mine has since had problems with a hundred hours or so I would bypass oil injection, put in a d-plate, and power valve clips, all fairly easy fixes to ensure you won't be like me with a loose oil line and a burn up cylinder. But a great, fast about 62 mph, and pretty ski. B

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^I just bought all of those parts, and will be installing them this week. I think I got a pretty good deal. The trailer was pretty sad looking, although not terrible. Just got a good deal on an aluminum 2 place, so it doesn't really matter anyways.

So far I really like the ski. It's held up pretty well over the last 10 years, and it's fast and stable in the water.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 2 of them for sale with trailer for $7500..They only have 35 hours a piece..All new filters, batteries, reverse cables and hydroturf rubber foot mats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts