Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can find a battery for my 2005 R12? The dealer has some, but they cost almost $100. There has to be something cheaper out there.

Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is probably a really stupid question, but how do I know which battery to buy? The Walmart computers usually tell me which battery I need based on the make, model, year, etc. of my car/truck. Will their computer have the correct information or is there way to match up my current battery with what they have in stock? I think I saw a generic motorcycle battery, which I thought might work, but I wasn't sure if there was anything special about a battery in a jetski.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I found the one I need. It's the same physical dimensions is the stock battery, so hopefully it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, it's the 20LBS. I'm not sure if the BS part is necessary, but the 20L definitely is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
battery replacement

I quit buying Seadoo dealer batteries after the first three years, each year I had to replace as they would not hold a charge and I charged overnight at 1.5amps when I did not ride in a month, this did not help. I added Pergo marine battery switch and leave the battery switch in the off position when I am not using it, I actually have these switches on my other boats and a car I infrequently drive. I bought a battery for a garden tractor at Lowes five years ago for $39 and it is still going strong. The battery switch is more important than the brand of battery. I have a Walmart battery in my ski boat and truck and they hold up fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts