Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out where to learn more about older model PWC's. I'm only looking to spend a couple grand so I've been shopping the pre-2000 PWC's and I'm not sure how to learn more about them.

One in particular I'm looking at is a 95 Seadoo HX...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well for one, you can find some specs at NADA.com, but other wise just ask the questions you need answered around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't thought about that before. how accurate do you feel the nada pricing is? One HX I was looking at is $2300 asking, but NADA puts it closer to $1300...

Do you know if the HX was available in both a 720cc and a 715? this one is being sold as a 715 but I found an article on a 720 and it made me think one of them was wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The engine that was in the 1995 HX was a 715cc 85 Horsepower engine. If the boats in good condition (minor hull damage, lower hours, engine works everytime starting up) I wouldn't pay more than $2000. I mean for a 13 year old boat, where there is DEFINETLY going to be SOME damage to it, you need to be for $2000 at most, so you can save maybe a grand to do some work to put it to better condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeadooWINS said:
The engine that was in the 1995 HX was a 715cc 85 Horsepower engine. If the boats in good condition (minor hull damage, lower hours, engine works everytime starting up) I wouldn't pay more than $2000. I mean for a 13 year old boat, where there is DEFINETLY going to be SOME damage to it, you need to be for $2000 at most, so you can save maybe a grand to do some work to put it to better condition.

in the $2k range, are there other models you would recommend I look into over the HX? I'm not stuck on Seadoo either. Eventually we want a 3 seater and a 2 seater, but right now I'm just looking for the first one, whichever that may be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, $2000 is a good price, but you could probably spend a little more and get a 97 or 98 in better condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I will keep it in mind, thanks :)

are there trailers that would hold three pwc's rather than just the dual?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know of a few guys who have custom made a 3 jetski trailor, but I dont believe they are sold. I will do some research for ya and see if I can find one for sale. And do you need help with choosing a 2 and 3 seater ski, becuz I can give ya a good hand with ur decision.\

EDIT: Ok I found a website wit some triple waverunner trailors, go take a look Magneta Trailers PWC Trailers JET SKI WAVERUNNER SEADOO , SINGLE AND DOUBLE PWC TRAILERS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link!

and yes definitely feel free to give me some pointers on which ski's would be good to look at for the money.

I'm considering a 3 position trailer because my mother in law wants a pwc as well... so we're thinking if my wife and I got one, and she got one, it would be nice to have one more spot on the trailer for adding another down the road. we eventually want a 3 seater for towing and a 2 seater... for fun. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can call (Why is it all of your posts are advertising for this place? All posts will now be edited. Do not spam again or else you will be banned. If you want to advertise, then speak with the administrator.)
I think they do have one.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, now I got a another question in case you guys have time...

Looking at a 97 Polaris Hurricane. I've heard good things about it but having a hard time finding solid info about it on Google. Other than a issue with the stator, can't find anything like top speed, weight, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts