Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out where to learn more about older model PWC's. I'm only looking to spend a couple grand so I've been shopping the pre-2000 PWC's and I'm not sure how to learn more about them.

One in particular I'm looking at is a 95 Seadoo HX...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well for one, you can find some specs at NADA.com, but other wise just ask the questions you need answered around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought about that before. how accurate do you feel the nada pricing is? One HX I was looking at is $2300 asking, but NADA puts it closer to $1300...

Do you know if the HX was available in both a 720cc and a 715? this one is being sold as a 715 but I found an article on a 720 and it made me think one of them was wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The engine that was in the 1995 HX was a 715cc 85 Horsepower engine. If the boats in good condition (minor hull damage, lower hours, engine works everytime starting up) I wouldn't pay more than $2000. I mean for a 13 year old boat, where there is DEFINETLY going to be SOME damage to it, you need to be for $2000 at most, so you can save maybe a grand to do some work to put it to better condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SeadooWINS said:
The engine that was in the 1995 HX was a 715cc 85 Horsepower engine. If the boats in good condition (minor hull damage, lower hours, engine works everytime starting up) I wouldn't pay more than $2000. I mean for a 13 year old boat, where there is DEFINETLY going to be SOME damage to it, you need to be for $2000 at most, so you can save maybe a grand to do some work to put it to better condition.

in the $2k range, are there other models you would recommend I look into over the HX? I'm not stuck on Seadoo either. Eventually we want a 3 seater and a 2 seater, but right now I'm just looking for the first one, whichever that may be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, $2000 is a good price, but you could probably spend a little more and get a 97 or 98 in better condition.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know of a few guys who have custom made a 3 jetski trailor, but I dont believe they are sold. I will do some research for ya and see if I can find one for sale. And do you need help with choosing a 2 and 3 seater ski, becuz I can give ya a good hand with ur decision.\

EDIT: Ok I found a website wit some triple waverunner trailors, go take a look Magneta Trailers PWC Trailers JET SKI WAVERUNNER SEADOO , SINGLE AND DOUBLE PWC TRAILERS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the link!

and yes definitely feel free to give me some pointers on which ski's would be good to look at for the money.

I'm considering a 3 position trailer because my mother in law wants a pwc as well... so we're thinking if my wife and I got one, and she got one, it would be nice to have one more spot on the trailer for adding another down the road. we eventually want a 3 seater for towing and a 2 seater... for fun. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, now I got a another question in case you guys have time...

Looking at a 97 Polaris Hurricane. I've heard good things about it but having a hard time finding solid info about it on Google. Other than a issue with the stator, can't find anything like top speed, weight, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.