Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a stand up jet ski in the 1990 to 2000 range and have a few choices in mind. If i do buy anything it will most likely be stock or with few modifications and a 650 or larger. The one thing i can't figure out though is which is better a kawi or a Yamaha. I've been looking into it for some time now and can't draw a conclusive answer other than, it seems to me that the Yamaha's are for tricks and freestyle and the kawi is for racing. I'm pretty sure im not into going blazing fast and more into tricks, but come on who doesn't like to go fast. Right now i have a 1991 superjet and love it, the maintenance it is easy and i have no problems ridding it, just looking for a new ski that and can't decide between the two big manufactures. Anything and everything would be appreciated because right now i'm stuck in the middle.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
You are correct. The Kawasaki's have a higher top speed but the Yamaha's have better handling. I have a 96' 750 SXI stand up made by Kawasaki but when I bought it, I had never ridden any other thing but a Kawasaki which my cousin had owned. I then rode a Yamaha stand up and actually liked it a lot more. My Kawi has been a great ski and very reliable but I never go top speed on it any more. In fact, I don't ride it as much simply because my knees can't take the abuse any longer. But if it was more stable in the water like a Yamaha is, then I would probably spend a little more time on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts