Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post, my wife/family [both HS kids] are shopping for two 3 seat PWCs over the winter. I'd like your opinions on the pros and cons of the two that have my interest right now: Yamaha FZS vs Seadoos GTX and RTX? 215.

Thanks for the opinions, our sweet spot price wise is around 11-13K per boat so I think we're in the ballpark. I may have messed up the name of the Seadoo R....

Also, we would be using these on a PA lake, big and mostly flat.

Rick

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post, my wife/family [both HS kids] are shopping for two 3 seat PWCs over the winter. I'd like your opinions on the pros and cons of the two that have my interest right now: Yamaha FZS vs Seadoos GTX and RTX? 215.

Thanks for the opinions, our sweet spot price wise is around 11-13K per boat so I think we're in the ballpark. I may have messed up the name of the Seadoo R....

Also, we would be using these on a PA lake, big and mostly flat.

Rick
There is no bad choice out of the three skis. However I am partial to Seadoo. On freshwater you should be fine with either cooling system.

The RXT would be my choice. But both Seadoos have IMO the best hull design (S-3 stepped) faster, and a deeper v for a smother ride. Also Seadoo has the very easy to use I controls. The braking system is great for slowing down from high speeds to managable speeds for safety. ( look at my avitar to see the brakes in action)

Where in PA? I go out mainly on the Chesapeake and the rivers.

Catch Ya on the flipside :00000048:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
For a family machine, I'd recommend the FXHO over the FZS. The FZS is more of a high performance sportster. It has a different hull design that makes it a more aggressive turner and more bouncy than the FXHO, and also faster. It will also burn significantly more fuel. The FXHO will hit 63-65 mph stock, and gets great fuel economy on regular gas. A better choice for a family machine IMO, especially if the kids will be driving it.

Don't know about the SeaDoos, but check out these comparisons:
http://www.bestofboating.com/2009/02/fxho-rxt-1219-08.html
http://www.bestofboating.com/2010/0...uld-be-on-every-buyers-short-list-405-10.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts