Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone iam looking to purchase a new ski i have a choice between a 2004 honda r12x turbo with 34hrs of use or a yamaha gpr1300 2006 with 22 hours use both are in great condition but i know very little about each i think if i added 1000 i could get an rxp or something bit any info or help with my decision is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
With the Honda I'd take a close look at the turbo. Rust and corssion are a big problem on the turbo if not properly maintained, and that is 10X an issue if it was used in salt water. The Yamaha with 22 hours is practically new and more bullet proof, but is a 2 stroke versus the 4 stroke Honda. If the asking price is the same the Yamaha would be the better deal. New left over Hondas are being sold by dealerships to clear inventory for around $6000 right now, and used ones are piling up and going for much less.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I would stay away from two strokes. Four strokes are less expensive to use and are easier to run, in the sense that you don't need expensive two stroke oil, they don't have as much trouble with spark plugs. They are also quieter and don't put smelly two stroke smoke out, as well as more eco friendly. I personally ride Sea Doo Jet skis, I have an 2006 modified RXT, 2008 GTX and a 2009 RXT-IS. What is your budget? As far as the Honda goes you will find you will be in the jet ski minority in owning one. May have trouble getting parts and service quickly. I'm not bashing Honda but they don't impress me. If you stick with Sea Doo or Yamaha you will have more service options and parts availability. What are you looking for in the way of perfomance or versatility?:juggle2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys i live in australIa so we pay much more over for things price of each is 11500 with trailer. I think the yamaha is my pick though.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks for the help guys i live in australIa so we pay much more over for things price of each is 11500 with trailer. I think the yamaha is my pick though.
WOW! That is high for a used ski.........almost $10000 US! Anyhow, the 1300 GPR is a very nice stable ride, and should be very reliable. Did I mention fast........yea its fast too.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts