Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just joined the site. Anyway I am looking at buying a used jetski. Right now the choice seems to be between a 1996 seadoo gti with a trailer (unknown hrs.) for $2500 (probably get it for close to $2000) or a 2000 yamaha waverunner limited xl 1200 with no trailer for $4500. Both are 3 seaters so I can pull a tube,etc. Just not sure which to go with. Brand wise I prefere seadoo I think but because you don't know how many hours are on it, it's hard to tell how long it will last. Hmm choices...any advice on the 2 models? Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, if I had to choose between only those 2, I think you'd be better off choosing the Yamaha (if only for better reliability). However, $4500 is WAY TOO MUCH for one of those, especially if it doesn't even come with a trailer.
More info would be helpful, but if I were you, I'd keep looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok what about a 1997 seadoo GTI for $2000-2500 without a trailer or the yamaha.. I found a nice 97 because the 97 is nice than the 96(updated hull and a bit bigger)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey, if that's what you want, then get it. Whatever makes you happy. You're the one that has to ride it & fix it.
I don't know where you live, or if you've already checked there, but keep an eye on ebay for used pwc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well just for the record I am not brand biased! I have worked for all the big 5 for over 17 years and can tell ya they all have pros and cons!! you have to do a little research to find what fits your needs! might I remind you as well as everyone on this forum PWCs are not tow boats!! leave the water toys to Master-Craft they got it down pat!! I invite anyone to educate me on which MFG is offering a TOW SKI and please dont come at me with the sea-doo Wake ski 0K!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts