Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my js 440 which was just rebuilt ran great and started instantly everytime until today. I put it in the water and it dies after a few moments, then the starter failed. I replaced the starter after trying to clean the one that was on there and it turned oiver fine but it didn't run
troble shootin for several hours and then i did a compression test 30 psi on one jug. took the head off and there are gouges in the cylinder wall, the pistons edge has several notches in it but the ring is in tact, except for being sqished a little bit by the piston around the places where it was damaged. any ideas on why? whats the best way to fix this price wise should i try to bore it out or just get a new sleeve piston etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang. I ordered the parts i got .040 over pistons in the top end kit, when i get the jugs bored how much tolerance should there be between the sleeve and piston? will the kit have that information or is there a common tolerance. Also do you have to remove the sleeves to chamfer the ports?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts