Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all I am new here... I was out of town and my wife took at our 2001 Yamaha XLT 1200. It had been sitting for a while and she decided to charge the battery. The next day it wouldnt start so she jumped started it with a running car which is a no-no. She told me it started turning over even with out pushing the button. So my question is to anyone that might know what part of the electrical system usually gets damaged? I have it apart but not sure what I might need to replace or what I might want to check with a meter.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide..

joey

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like stuff is definitely fried.. I keep hearing about people who have jump started their pwc's and frying the MPEM or the computer. Some have said its a nightmare to fix, and I did see that another guy had to replace his and it was about a 530$ fix..
Hope you figure it out.. :) and hopefully this is a start for you.. Try typing on google for more ideas.. Best of luck..

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
Hello all I am new here... I was out of town and my wife took at our 2001 Yamaha XLT 1200. It had been sitting for a while and she decided to charge the battery. The next day it wouldnt start so she jumped started it with a running car which is a no-no. She told me it started turning over even with out pushing the button. So my question is to anyone that might know what part of the electrical system usually gets damaged? I have it apart but not sure what I might need to replace or what I might want to check with a meter.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide..

joey

shoot me the HIN # on the ski and i will email you a manual for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help and for offering the manual. I found out after going through wiring diagram on the ski it was the CDI thats bad. Now the next part of my search begins.. A new CDI at a good price..:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts