Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the new ride out tomorrow and I'm really at a dilema if I need to wear a wetsuit or not. I'm in Wilmington, NC, and it looks like a high of 68 degrees tomorrow, with water temps between 61 and 66. I have a 7mil fullsuit, and I can borrow gloves and boots if I need them. What do you guys think I'll need to be wearing to enjoy myself out there. The ski is my GP760 by the way.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
When water and air temps drop below 70 degrees, I put on a wetsuit. But mine is 3mm, and a farmer's John type, so if I get hot I can remove the jacket. I also wear a wool toboggan to keep my ears warm. I'd say that a 7mm suit is going to be a little too warm for 68 degree weather, but with that cool water spray in your face you will need something more than swim trunks.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I'm taking the new ride out tomorrow and I'm really at a dilema if I need to wear a wetsuit or not. I'm in Wilmington, NC, and it looks like a high of 68 degrees tomorrow, with water temps between 61 and 66. I have a 7mil fullsuit, and I can borrow gloves and boots if I need them. What do you guys think I'll need to be wearing to enjoy myself out there. The ski is my GP760 by the way.

You can ride in 50 degree water, just don't fall in LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts