Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll it seems to be getting time to unfortunately put away the ski's for winter (snow was flyin yesterday).

I do store these in my garage but water will still freeze in there so I am thinking of the best way to winterize. I had considered having the shop do it but what would that teach me eh?

My thoughts were to drain the fuel tanks and dry any remaining water in the hold.

However, in speaking with my buddy and thinking a little I am considering just filling it up and putting in some stabilizer (Heat) in the fuel. This, I think, would help keep the fuel line from getting brittle from drying out. Any thoughts?

I was also told I need to have my oil pumped out during the winter on my 4 stroke Kawasaki SLT. Any 4 strokers out there with an opinion on this and if it's really needed?

anyone with experience on any of this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Ron, I have never once winterized either of my ski's. They sit in my garage but the last few years were outside in my yard. The fuel and oil did fine. With the water, I start them up before the snow and run the engine for a few minutes to get all of the water out of the system and then it does fine. I do however, take out the batteries and store them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hotdawg!

Nice to hear from you! So what do you think, fill it with gas and some stablizer? Just dont want to tarnish the carb, that is my main concern.

How's the little guy doing? Drivin ya crazy?

I should have called you monday, my wife went back to North platte to pick up a half a cow and I never thought to call you to get that cover. I hope you still have it

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Ron, yes I still have your cover. It is in my shed. I think the Stabilizer would do just fine. Also, Zach is doing great and recovered much faster from his heart surgery than any of us could believe. God was very good! I actually might be in Denver on Monday, 10/19 to drop off one of my ATV's to get it rejetted. The dealership did it a few months back under warranty because the jetting was so far off from the factory but the guy who did it, did a crappy job and it is still very lean so they are going to fix it for free for me but they asked if I could drop it off for a week or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts