Hey, kind of a dumb question... I'm new to sea-doo'ing and not sure how to properly winterize my 95 xp 720. Winters coming fast and I don't want any water to freeze up in my engine and possibly break anything. Any pointers?
1. Clean the ski inside and out, as well as the engine bay.
2. Flush the ski with fresh water.
3. Flush the ski with Salt-Away or any other salt cleaner. (after you flush do not re-flush with fresh, it will just eliminate what you just did)
4. Let ski sit over night, keep enigne compartment cracked/open so ski can dry out.
5. Plug/cover all openings on the hull and exhaust to eliminate any critters getting inside and making nests.
6. Make sure your fuel and oil tanks are both filled to the rim ( to reduce/eliminate condensation buildup over storage)
7. Cover ski with ski cover and also tarp(if outside)
8. Remove tires off trailer, OR wrap tires in plastic bag to help weathering and dryrotting while sitting.
Hope this helps. This is the process i do.
PM me if you need anything else.
**NOTE: You can use the SALT-AWAY solution to fully clean the inside, outside and engine flush. Stuff works GREAT!**
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.