Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i own a 1990 Kawasaki JS 440 and i am getting ready to prepare for winter, what is the best way to go about winterizing it? i will be storing it outside all winter and in New Hampshire some nights get to be below freezing.. where do i start? what do i need to buy to winterize it? :dunno::laugh:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey i own a 1990 Kawasaki JS 440 and i am getting ready to prepare for winter, what is the best way to go about winterizing it? i will be storing it outside all winter and in New Hampshire some nights get to be below freezing.. where do i start? what do i need to buy to winterize it? :dunno::laugh:
Check these out:
Jet Ski:*Winterizing Your Personal Watercraft PWC, Jet Ski, Sea Doo and Waverunner
Winterization Instructions - Forums

I decided to do my own winterization, since my local dealer wanted $150. I bought: Engine fogging spray (I used Yamaha brand, but there are many available for cheap), Lubricant for cables etc. (I use CorrosionX and Yamaha's LubeZall), Small grease gun with marine grease, and A cable luber (I went with the 2 screw type). Total cost for supplies was less than $50 and will provide many years of winterization. I already had a trickle charger for the battery.

I think the keys for you, since your ski will be outside, is to be sure to get all of the water out of the system, or consider adding antifreeze, and keep the ski and trailer tires covered and off the ground.

I follow the guides above plus specific winterizations instructions for my ski (Yamaha) which are covered in the service manual. You may find more details and directions specific to your ski in an operators or service manual.

Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in MI and have just done the following:
1. add fuel stabil to the gas, run it for a while to allow it the treated gas get into the carbs
2. while its running add RV anti freeze to where you would flush out the machine you may need an adapter to connect and pour a half gallon in until it flushs out pink
3. Spray fogging oil into carbs while running gas it a few times and spray until the engine dies from the oil overload
4. pull spark plugs and spray fogging oil directly into the cylinder- cover spark plug holes with a towel and hit the start button a few times to allow pistons to go up and down. use alot of fogging oil in this process you dont want corrosion in there.
5. saturate interior with WD40 to prevent corrosion on the motor itself,grease all fittings
6. pull battery

I think that is it. most important part is anti freeze if you are in a cold state there is always residual water in the machine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts