Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice/opinions. I am trading my pontoon boat in on either a brand new 08 Sea Doo GTI...or 2 07 Sea Doo GTI se's. The 07's were rentals at a local resort with around 150 hours on each. The rental thing scares me but two machines for around the price of one. It would be $1000 more for the two 07's. Both include covers and trailer. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know...It's common knowledge a rental is not taken care of by the renter. This is a family resort, in upper michigan Jun-Aug usage. The local dealership has maintained them, two 07's with two place trailer and covers for $8,500. The new 4 strokes seem to be bullet proof, what should I look for as far as abuse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally would stay away from rentals, everyone rides them like with no concern at all. I would look for damage to the hull, such as repairs etc... also give them a compression test. How many hours are on the engines?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Run as fast as you can, PWC’s are notorious for mechanical issues. Even the best kept skis will break, however rentals are guaranteed to have been ridden by inexperienced riders and while you may save some on the purchase price I am sure you will pay at least twice that in repairs. 150 hours is a LOT of time on a PWC. I would not even consider this as an option, I see what the riders around here do on the rentals, family resort or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts