Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are interested in participating in the Hero Appreciation PWC Ride, please email me @ [email protected], with how many PWC you can bring, so I can tell the Navy how many seats will be available, and build an email list to send out the latest info.
You CANNOT enter the base without being on my Rider's list, so do not just drive down un-announced expecting to get in.
This event is limited to Hero Rider's and their immediate family ONLY, per Navy rules. NO alcohol is allowed at this event (just lost *some* Riders :>)
Please, no XP's, XPL's, X-2's or any other unstable ski's at slow speeds.
We CANNOT dump a Hero in the Bay.
I was told NO swimming/speeding/free-form flying-around or solo rides with a Hero on-board will be allowed. This will be a single-file, medium speed *cruise* around SD Bay with everyone staying in formation for the duration of the Ride. We MUST keep formation for safety. We can do a haul-*** ride without the Hero's onboard after/before the Hero Ride. I can show you where to jump 5-6 ft swells or just have fun on a high speed run the length of SD Bay.
The Senior Director of the Armed Forces YMCA will be there with her staff to *observe* her patients.
She will *probably* also go on the Ride with us to make sure I/we follow all of her rules.
Her BIG selling point to the Navy Brass was "this will be a safe activity".
As you know, the safety factor goes UP when you increase speed.
There will be professional lifeguards, doctors, nurses, and physical therapists at this event. Also, please bring any extra life-vests, chairs, wetsuits or pop-ups you have to make this as comfortable as we can for the Hero's.
June weather is hit & miss down here.....might be 80 & blue skies or 65 & cloudy....we have to prepare for the worst.
There are 3 bands confirmed for the event, so this will be a FUN time for all.
This event is being supported by The Wounded Warrior's Project, American Watercraft Association, YMCA Armed Forces & the Fiddler's Cove Marina, all of which will have an on-site presence.
Remember, ANYONE with a PWC or boat (and family) is welcome to attend, regardless of race, religion, or brand of ski. I just need to know before-hand so I can tell the Navy & the Marina how many I am expecting. Thanks & God Bless America.....
Ray Hinton

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info on the Hero Ride.....
New supporters for the Ride include the Wounded Warrior Project, Navy MWR, United States Marine Corps, AWA, Walmart, the parents of 2 Marines killed in Iraq, 2 bottled water companies, Armed Forces YMCA, Fiddler's Cove Marina, San Diego Chargers, San Diego Harbor Police...more to follow.
Ray Hinton
President - San Diego PWC AWA Charter Club
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts