Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me out. Last year I purchased a Yamaha WR500 real cheap. It was a little taken apart, had to put gas tank and exhaust back in etc... It will turn over and run and you can get about 1/3 throttle out of it than it sputters and won't go any faster.
I thought it might be a carb problem so I bought another carb on ebay and it didn't make a difference. Adjusting the carb screws don't seem to have any effect either.
I bypassed the overheat sensor and that didn't do anything either. Any suggestions? I'm not running a waterbox, I have this little glass pack type exhaust that was off a Kawasaki 550, would that matter?

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
1992 yamaha 500

i am having the similar problem with my pwc. I rebuilt the carb, and it made no difference. It will throttle up about 1/2 throttle and it sounds like some sort of rev limiter of some sort. I change plugs, checked compression, and checked the timing. If i fix it i will reply to you with my resolution, but for now if anyone knows what could be the problem, your suggestions are well appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any Progress?

Hi have anyone found the problem? Becouse mine seems to have the same problem :( I have checked everything with the ohm meter and it seems fine except for the iginition coil, it is 8k instead of 4?
And the ohm for the cdi is way off but i have a diaghram for 6k8-10 and mine is -11, does that matter?
Sorry for bad english

·
Registered
9 Posts
i bought a ski this summer and had a few problems with it. I got everything sorted out and had it out last weekend and had the same problem. This is my first time working with jet skis but i used to use those R/C nitro cars and when i had a similar problem with them it was because the fuel/air mixture was off. So i was going to try adjusting the high speed or low speed needle a little. Were any of you able to solve your problems or think that this would be the solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem

Hi i tried to change fuel settings but with no result but someone told me it could be a clogges exhaust so i took it apart but mine was fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts