Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one I just got my hands on a Yamaha waverunner I think its a 88 because thats the last digits in the Vin on the back. Which would make it a WR500.

I am looking for a shop Manuel for it ( I prefer free and down loadable)?

Is there a easy way to drain the motor compartment as it has a lot of water in it?

I am also looking for good parts suppliers this is my first PWC to tinker with and have know idea were to get parts?

What do you guys recommend for steps to take, hook a jumper to it and see what happens or should I clean something first I was last registered in 08-09 so it hasn't sat that long.

Thanks for the help and I will be hanging around here for a while reading.

Chuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forum Active?

I was looking for some of the same answers. I just bought an 88 and a 92 waverunner wr500. I took the 88 out today and it ran great. I'll take the 92out tomorrow and shake it down. Previous owner just tuned them up and put new batteries in both.

They are not pretty but in good shape for watercraft that are around 20 years old. They are not that fast either but they do what I need them to do and they were reasonably priced with a nice double trailer.

I'm just getting into PWCs... I bought a 95 Seadoo XP last year but didn't ride it much last season. Hope to get these out a lot more in the hot Texas summer.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi every one I just got my hands on a Yamaha waverunner I think its a 88 because thats the last digits in the Vin on the back. Which would make it a WR500.

I am looking for a shop Manuel for it ( I prefer free and down loadable)?

Is there a easy way to drain the motor compartment as it has a lot of water in it?

I am also looking for good parts suppliers this is my first PWC to tinker with and have know idea were to get parts?

What do you guys recommend for steps to take, hook a jumper to it and see what happens or should I clean something first I was last registered in 08-09 so it hasn't sat that long.

Thanks for the help and I will be hanging around here for a while reading.

Chuck
Chuck I have a manual however its in paper form. I can get you any info you may need. A shop vac is the easiest way to get the water out, or install an aftermarket bilge pump. Cyclepartsnation.com is a good parts supplier and has good prices. Any other questions just email me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts