Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Yamaha wr500Q I bought last year. Had some probs with the ignition coil and CDI but after replacing these it runs great. However I don't think its performing very well. Supposed to be a 2 seater but put two people on it and it bogs down. Even with just opne person it seems like every wave I hit is like a crash landing. It handles great but doesn't go as fast as I think it should. I had a rock stuck in the impeller and removed that and noticed one of my imp blades was damaged. I want to replace it but want to use either a Solas or Skat-Trak imp. Any other suggestions for improving performance? Maybe a better imp?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just seeing if you came up with anything since you first posted. I have the same ski, just bought it a couple of days ago. First one, the price was right. I have the same problem with two people on it. I just don't think the ski can handle 2 people, have you found out other wise?

I did shim the ride plate to bring it down to angle of about 7/16 of an inch. Made a world of difference at high speeds, virtually elliminated all the porpoising (bouncing at high speeds).

What imp did you go with? Did it make any difference?

Any info on performance stuff you found would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts