Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested buying 2007 F12X Turbo..... low hrs and great condition a must, trailer optional.... near Baltimore, MD.... PM with your ski information.

Thanks,
MD

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hope you can find one, they are fantastic machines as long as you do corrosion abatement on the turbo/wastegate system.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My opinion is to steer clear of manufactuers who have stopped selling/discontinued their whole line of skis. Just because it is a " Honda" doesn't mean the skis don't have issues. Buyer beware, dealers don't even want to look at them. You are close to my area upper Chesapeake Bay. Do your home work and learn what the dealers have to say. After all they weren't discontinued because they were selling to many and couldn't keep up with production. As a matter of fact there are still new ones laying around in crates for years after they were built. Check out this forum GREEN HULK see for your self what others have say. The top Skis in the industry are Yamaha and Seadoo. There skis that drive by wire now. Just my opinion, personally I wouldn't buy one for alot of reasons which I hope you learn about.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There were many Hondas sold in Florida, but very few compared to the amount of other brand 'skis. Every time we go out riding around here at least 50% of all the 'skis being ridden are Hondas. There are plenty of the other brands sitting in yards and on docks with blown superchargers/engines.
The Hondas were not sucessful due to the fact that Honda put them into the motorcycle division instead of the Marine division. The motorcycle dealers wanted nothing to do with a vehicle that had to go to a lake or river to test it after repairs.
Honda also refused to keep selling them to dealers who were also selling Seedoo, Yamaha and Kawi from the same showroom so the dealers dropped Honda.

The rental people in Hawaii [Bill Costa] have a whole fleet of Hondas that run in the salt everyday, many with over 1500 hours with the same engine and few/no repairs. He used to use the VX Yamahas and their engines were shot at 400 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts