Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Yamaha SUV 1200 with Trailer. Prefer original engine / owner with low hours (< 100) and stock configuration but willing to look at others.

I just saw a mint 2003 go on eBay for less than $4700 (eBay listing 300537186929) and am using that as a pricing guide (and am kicking myself for not jumping on it).

I'm in Rochester NY but will be traveling down the east coast to FL this Spring so will consider East Coast locations or maybe 10 hours from Rochester NY for the right ski.

John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,

Thanks for the reply. My plans have changed a bit and the Sprong trip to FL may not happen. I may have to limit the distance to 10 hours or so from Rochester NY. Thanks again though.

From your user ID it looks like you have an SUV your self and are happy with it?

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one and 4 of my friends have them. We all love the design. We've had an array of maintenance issues, like the cable connections breaking off at the connector heads. But overall, they're a great machine and very stable. I've had mine for 4 years now and have even used it for diving offshore.. My friend is looking to sell his with a rebuilt motor and I may grab it to have 2 of them on a double trailer..
Good luck in the search.. You can typically find them for the mid $3K price range down here..
John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Double Trailer

Careful with your double trailer idea. The beam on these about 5 feet. So two on a traditional side by side double PWC trailer would be 10' wide - more than most states like for towing.

Here is a youtube video of someone with a "double" trailer, one in front of the other:

You probably already have that figured out. But it is a neat video. These things are like clown cars - I was amazed what this guy was pulling out of is storage.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts