Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an X-2 project that I am very interested in picking up. Only information I have is the pictures and that it has a pump. He also has a good engine that he will give me with it. Basically what I am asking is what do these take to work on? And what will it take to get this thing riding? Thanks guys. Estimate of cost to get it going? Anywhere I can look for guides on building these? I know what I am doing with tools and stuff haha work on cars a lot so I should learn pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
First place I would start is strip out the hull and get it cleaned up and catalog everything. Go get a box of small zip-loc bags to id all the nuts and bolts. You will need to find out what is missing and do a compression check on the engine. Need to look at the impeller for damage and check the pump and drive shaft bearings. Looks like they started prepping for paint, so your going to need to finish that job. You have your hands full, but should be fun.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope it's not too late, but I would strongly advise against getting into something this old. I'd get a much newer project that's worth the expense and time to fix it up.

Found an X-2 project that I am very interested in picking up. Only information I have is the pictures and that it has a pump. He also has a good engine that he will give me with it. Basically what I am asking is what do these take to work on? And what will it take to get this thing riding? Thanks guys. Estimate of cost to get it going? Anywhere I can look for guides on building these? I know what I am doing with tools and stuff haha work on cars a lot so I should learn pretty quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts