Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking the x2 650 motor and putting it in the standup js 550 hull. has anyone done this? Wondering if It all works nicely or do I have to make a new motor mount. Also wondering if the impellers are interchangeable. And I have an old x2 hull if someone wants to come pick it up. southeast Arizona but I usually make a couple trips to Parker each summer. I'll bring it if you want it.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't done it myself, but...yes it is possible. Guys do it all the time.

There are custom adapter plates for that motor swap. Try Fresh Watercraft. They carry one that is CNC aluminum by JRE. Or if you are good with steel you could probably fabricate one yourself. I don't think that the electronics are interchangeable so you would have to change the e-box as well.

The impellers will not swap over and unless you are really good with fibreglass I wouldn't try to swap pumps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can run the 550 electrics however you must change the 550 voltage regulator (V/R) to a 650 V/R. You will also need a 650 specfic pipe. The other member is correct you will need an adaptor plate to bolt the 650 motor to the 550 bedplate.
You will also need to increase the pitch of the impeller in the 550 pump to a 17 or greater.

Rock Couty Jet Sports in WI. makes a high quality adaptor plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts