Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it out on Friday..it started and ran fine.. it sat since then (4 days)..and today I took off the rubber surround around the handlebars to adjust something and when I went to try and start it, it does this:

note: the choke knob has been removed (by the previous owner)..i had the fuel cock knob in the off position for the past few days.. i try to give it gas while I crank it, but it doesn't help and I don't wanna keep doing it and kill the battery.

thanks in advance for the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the plugs, they were good..took off the air box, put a little fuel into the carbs and it started right up..took it outside, ran the hose through it with the motor running for 2-3 minutes and it ran fine.. wtf does that mean?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some times people disconnect the choke and put a primer bulb in the line from the tank to the carb, if they are having trouble getting fuel to the carb. The pulse type fuel pump Has trouble supplying enough fuel to start if the gas has been off or it has set awhile. Sounds like you need to fix the choke back or add a primer bulb, if there has not been one added allready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts