Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 yamaha 1200 wave runner and it says USE ONLY YAMALUBE 2W (NON - PHOSORUS) OIL I just don't want to blow my motor. Could I switch to tcw3 oil?

I switched to walmart's supertech tcw3 oil in my 900 and I have heard better things about that than quicksilver!?

Also if anyone has had a bad experience or thinks the tcw3 outboard oil would be bad to burn in my wave runners I would apreciate letting me know. thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
You must have an american model of the 99 xlt. These have a cat converter so you must use 2W oil. If it is not an american model you can use tc-w3. USA has different pollution laws to most other countries so thats why some have cat/converters and some not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I just take my cat converter OFF? I am not seeing over 55mph anyway so I am thinking my Cat converter might be getting plugged up?! I read some where that the 2w is a older rating and I am really thinking about just puting the supertech tcw3 in it?.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The 2W oil is a synthetic or caster based oil and the tc-w3 is a mineral based oil. It will be fine to run it with the tc-w3 oil once you remove the cat/converter
and install a D-plate. You must also buy a sensor block off. You can get these from RIVA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts