Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in saltwater and after about 40 minutes of riding the temp light came on... I had a passenger on the back and was riding on average in the 40-50mph range. After pulling the ski out of the water, I checked all the water exit points and see normal water flow. Is there something specific I should check? The ski does run a little rich. If the ski was running rich (little extra oil), would that help cool or heat up the motor? Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4 Posts
What model and year 1200 do you have?
When temp warning light came on did your revs cut bac,or engine seem to run rough?

·
Registered
61 Posts
overheating

John said it, what year? Have you had the ski long? Do you ride in salt water alot? Does it always, ALWAYS, get flushed good?? If it is an older ski, the water inlets inside the manifold may have gunk(deposits) restricting the flow of water. I had a new ski and took my top end off to find white crap (deposits) inside my engine, cleaned it with some CLR solvent , calcium,lime,rust stuff! This may be your problem depending on the age of the ski and type of water you ride in. Salt water kills!!!:cheeky4:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 Yamaha Waverunner

It's a 2002 Waverunner. It has a D plate installed and I didn't buy one of them chip but rather had it still connected into the muffler. I'm wondering if this caused a false alarm?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there.
How is that overheating problem.
Do you still have it, and if so is it happening regularly or intermitantly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

Not sure yet... It's been winter and I haven't taken it back out. I did add the loopback plug for the d-plate. Once I added the loopback plug, i guess there's no sensor to indicate overheating on the muffler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts