Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 1200 xl power valve limited. I have torn it down somewhat and now see the oil line came off causing my 3rd piston to basically burn-up, the rings have broken off and are basically fused to the piston. Anywhoo I can see the oil line that came off after taking out the exhaust plain as day. ( which I will mix after this) I am wondering, can and if so how much can I hone this plated cylinder. The cylider is not horrrible but you can feel scar marks on it. Should I get a new /used cyinder,bore, sleeve? the other two are pretty good but still only had just over 100 psi per, maybe just clean those up and new pistons and rings. Was running about 62 then started missing and that was that. Thanks for any help ;) newbie but learning fast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows if a yamaha 1200 plated cylinder can be honed? That has to be about the most common question on here, since they always blow-up / break down. I took my cylinder into a shop today and they ran a stone through it and said it would be fine just external junk on my cylinder but I am not so sure. Any Ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts