Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2006 Yamaha FX Cruiser. Any body have any comments or input regarding this waverunner?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MY brother-in-law has an 05 FXHO Cruiser..its great. We put an RnD Aqu vain intake grate on it...made it faster, but also made it ride "rough"...very fast dependable ski!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine owns a Jetski Safari business in Australia, taking clients out on 3 hour trips on a fleet of 6 Yamaha FX140 Cruisers. All of them had a total engine breakdown at close to/approx 400 hours. Apparently the problem came from not enough oil being pumped through the motor, causing the pistons/cams to break. He even had a visting Yamaha technician sent from overseas to asses this apparent flaw, and was told to use them as spare parts as nothing could be done. As you would imagine, having 6 jetskis all fail, then be told nothing could be done was a little dis-heartening. He has sinced changed the models to Seadoo and is quite happy. The newest 2008 FX cruisers have a different engine design with much better oil supply according to the specifications.
All up, the FX 140 Cruiser series 2006 was a great machine..... just be carefull around 400 hours as we have seen here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts