Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Time to go back to Seadoo

Wow sorry to hear about your substandard experience with your Yamaha. It really sucks when you drop that kinda of coin to get treated like third class mail. Do they even know what made the Yamahaha grenade?

You need to come back to Seadoo. Any supercharger problems have been resolved as of 2008 there are no more ceramic washers in the superchargers. The ceramic ones that would fail after 120 hours are gone and you can replace any existing ones.

I run the heck out of my three Seadoos with no problems. One is close to 300 HP.

Here is Yamaha Cust service reps now :15firing: steady :visit:

Good luck :00000056:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I decided to tow the ski with me. I will be dropping it in the lake after work tomorrow to see how she runs, the mechanic told me he hit WOT for a few seconds to make sure it was A-OK, but since i have to start break-in over it made me a bit nervous. (I don’t need problems and then a dealer here says “HAY!, you hit WOT and the new engine is not broke in!”) Hopefully, I will be writing in here telling you how good it runs now!

The cause of the failure IMHO, from looking at the remains, was a seized wrist pin. The wrist pin had galling, as well as it was straw brown to purple across the area where the rod seat was. I feel either it had incorrect tolerances in the pin, or the rod, OR the lubrication holes on the rod got clogged with a shaving from manufacturing. Whatever the case the piston disintegrated.

Earnest, give me a break, you need to get a life and stop being such a jerk, do you work for Yamaha? Why so defensive/offensive? Did I hurt YOUR EGO?

OURLEE
I do agree with Earnest, however obnoxious he may be, this was not a normal thing for Yamaha, although that wasn’t the point here. I have many Yamaha machines of different varieties, none of which have given me ANY trouble. The problem is i really feel that Yamaha could have 1 given me a new motor, or 2 given me a new ski. I feel making the dealer handle the problem like they did was WRONG. At least, considering the hours and length of ownership.

Honestly, I don’t see how a company could do any less than Yamaha did for me. I feel they make a FINE machine, INCLUDING the SHO, but I think their customer service is sub-par at best, as they did nothing special at all for me considering hours and length of ownership.
Do you still think they make a FINE MACHINE????:appl: Anyway I have never heard of a Seadoo failing like this. I guess the future will determine your path. If it were me I would cut my losses and dump it. You will never feel like it is dependable. Some one takes a solo ride and it takes a [email protected]#t again leaving them stuck. :furious3:

Sorry that you have 13 g's sitting there. Good luck with that...............

Keep us posted :costumed-smiley-019

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are you sure that the Seadoo is stuck??? Usually if the ceramic washer breaks up it is softer than metal and should go right through, similar if a reed breaks in a two stroke it sucks it right thru. I would check it and make sure they are not working you over. No it isn't hard to change washers. Had to due my 2006 Rxt when I put on the RIVA STAGE III kit. Now there is a ski that runs well. Put on a racing ECU and the sky is the limit, no speed limiter.

Did you know the new Seadoos are drive by wire?

·
Registered
811 Posts
BTY you should have the dealer compression test the rebuilt motor. You may have scuffed the piston and cylinders due to low oil. It doesn't take long and they will run scuffed.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Whoa dude you gotta pickle those skis. Just like here in the mid-atlantic we had 76" of snow last year. If we didn't put antifreeze in they would all freeze.

If you don't get an IC let me know. I have one as a result of upgrading to the Riva Gen II on my 2006 RXT.

Good luck dude....

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks like good news, there was an (oil hose???) with a cut in it that was leaking, new hose on the way should be ready wednesday, YAY!:appl:
Like I said earlier make sure they compression test it due to posssible scuffing of the pistons or cylinders from running it low on oil. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have to stick up for Ernest as well. He and I have been friends on this forum for over 2 years. He by far knows more about Yamaha jet skis then anyone else on this forum. I am a Seadoo guy to the end, but Yamaha is my second choice. Just like Seadoo is his second choice. He takes the time to help people out that otherwise would be clueless. Very rarely does he even get a thank you. So the haters should get a life some where else.

Later

Outlaw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts