Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i had put up a post about buying a used Honda Jet Ski. Now im looking into either a Yamaha VX sport or deluxe. I had looked onto craigslist and found a 2008 Yamaha VX sport 'RED' for $4500, with 92 hours on it.Salt water use and all that. My main concern is the 92 hours. Do you think that is to much? and it has been used in salt water. "and it comes with a trailer and cover for it." your opinion on this and would you take the offer? Im going to go look at it tomorrow, or do you think it will be a waste of time. And also there is a website i am looking at that has earlier models such as a 2006 and a 2007 for 4.7k(2006) and 4.9k(2007) that is the same But these are in blue. I dont know about the Hours on them but tomorrow also we will stop by and look at the store that is selling them. we really only have around 4k to spend but will put in the extra, do you think we should wait and see what comes up maybe if we can get some more money and get the 2006/2007 model one or what? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do not know if he kept it in good condition or not so i will be looking at it tomorrow but enyone have eny suggestions for me to look for when i go see it? im new to all this and need some help.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
92 hours is nothing on a VX. Its not hard to do that in one season. Biggest issue with salt water is how it was flushed and maintained. Take a real close look around for corrosion inside the ski and around the impeller.

Only way to really know if it is good ski or not is a test ride.

$4500 is not a bad price for that ski if it runs good and no signs of corrosion, but I'd offer $4000 and try to meet in the middle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i take it out for a test ride what should i do? and what am i looking for to do, and what not to do on the ride~ ill make sure i look for corrosion on the impeller and inside the ski' i realized throughout the day today that 92 hours is really nothing its in red, i rather have blue but it doesn't matter to me. Tomorrow were going to go to this miami jet ski shop and look at some of the jet ski's there and then stop by the guys house on craigs list and ill ask if we can take it out for a test ride and all that.
Thanks again, you helped out alot in some of my threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts