Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Yamaha 2000 GP800 has been stored for 2 years and won't start. It ran perfect before stored. The battery has been kept charged out of the boat. It has new plugs. Besides draining and using fresh fuel, what should I be looking for? I also want to install a primer kit once it is running. Is this a good or bad idea? It was alwys hard to start even when new.

Please help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow I LOVE yamahas!! I want you to make sure you are getting fuel to your plugs! do a plug check! you can put a little gas into your cylinders to see if you are getting any fire in the cylindes! dont blow yourself up! this is just a simple little check if have a small amout of common sense! Well fuel, air, and ignition in the proper mixture will create some sort of action in your engine!! if you are missing any of the three you are in trouble!! you gotta know if u have fire and fuel if you do let me know!! I have a thousand tips I could give you but lets start with the basics! By the way the primer kit is a must if your ski is getting tempermental I like em!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts