Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Just wondering if anyone would be able 2 help me? I have a 2000 model yamaha gp1200r as u can see in my profile pic AND i was riding it 2day for about an hour or so.I went over a boat wake and i bumped the trim handle and ever since then the ski idles and starts fine revs fine and all that but just revs out and doesnt move anywhere im wondering if anyone would be able 2 help me out as i have only just purchased it and i am Loving it.I dont think it would be anything major Well i hope not neway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i will add that It was cavitating b4 it picked up and took off all day and then its just decided 2 stop sit there n just rev and not go anywhere.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't think its possible to over or under trim, so bumping the trim control, should not cause the problem you mentioned even if you broke the cable. It sounds like a problem with the impeller...............either damaged or possibly stripped the splines on the shaft.

Look at the impeller for chips and look at the fit of the impeller in the housing. Try to turn the impeller by hand...........if you can turn it with the spark plugs in, something is stripped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey ernest t thanx for the reply and i got my mate 2 rev the motor and the impeller is spinning freely... i have ordered a pump seal kit for it so im hoping that will help me out when i fit that if not i mite have 2 take it 2 shop.. however i will try turn the impeller by hand as u mentioned just 2 be sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just replying i hope u get this message. I have pulled the grate off the bottom and i can turn the shaft with my hands quite easily with the spark plugs in i just cant understand how it would still be spinning when i rev it and not going anywhere tho?? i noticed there was 2 bolts missing out of the front of the small grate(handlebars end) that i pulled off.Could that be an issue??it looks like they have just snapped.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You should NOT be able to easily turn the shaft with the spark plugs in. If you can turn the shaft easily with the plugs in, then something is stripped out in the drive system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh its turning really easily i got it booked in 2 be repaired on the weekend.the guy reckons it is the splines on the drive shaft cos its not even moving the pistons. im shattered cos i have only just bought the thing but oh wells these things happen dont they and i gotta have my toy ready b4 summer Thank you heaps for all of your advice uve been a massive help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts