Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2009 yamaha vx deluxe..The oil warning light turns on when the ski is in the water..I looked and oil is full and im getting oil pressure...Any suggestions on how i can fix the problem?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Are you seeing an error code on the display when the warning sounds? If not hold down the select button on the left side of the display when the warning goes off for at least 8 seconds to display a code. Does the engine shut down or go into low rpm mode when the warning goes off? Be sure you are checking the oil level when the engine is HOT. Make sure the oil level is 1/2 between the marks on the stick when the engine is HOT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it goes into limp mode....The warning light flashes with the oil symbol...The ski wont go faster than like 5mph...I double checked the oil and it is full, looks a little black...Idk if this warning comes on if u need a oil change?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Warning does not come on if it needs to be changed, but a good idea to change the oil more frequently on this model than the recommended service interval.

About the only part I know to check is the oil pressure switch. If you have a service manual it shows you how to check it. Otherwise, I'd say its a trip to the dealer, to let them hook the ski up to the computer and hopefully see what is going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah it goes into limp mode....The warning light flashes with the oil symbol...The ski wont go faster than like 5mph...I double checked the oil and it is full, looks a little black...Idk if this warning comes on if u need a oil change?
Did you ever get it figured out? I am having a similar problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts