Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really thinking about buying a jet ski this winter. (atlantic city boat show). at first i was looking at 2010 seadoo rxt-x 260. it looks awsome. then my brother said seadoo was junk. what are some of the nicer pwc for yamaha. i really like the fx cruiser sho. is yamaha better than seadoo.

thanks chris.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm really thinking about buying a jet ski this winter. (atlantic city boat show). at first i was looking at 2010 seadoo rxt-x 260. it looks awsome. then my brother said seadoo was junk. what are some of the nicer pwc for yamaha. i really like the fx cruiser sho. is yamaha better than seadoo.

thanks chris.
Yamaha FX SHO if you want the top of the line, most gismos, fastest Yamaha, with a luxury car feel.
Yamaha FX (HO) if you want the same ride as the SHO, but at a better price. Slightly slower than the SHO, but plenty fast for most of us mortals.
Yamaha VX if you want a very stable, reliable machine at a good price. Not as fast as either of the above, and also a wetter and more bouncy ride.
Personally, I would highly recommend the FX models (HO) or cruiser for a first ski. Especially if you have family members that will be riding along or if you plan on doing any towing. The SHO offers too little extra benefit for the added price and extra maintenance etc. IMO, unless your primary goal is to go fast.
If you are young and single, I’d take a close look at the VX. It is sportier, has a much lower price, has a long history of reliability, and can easily carry another rider if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts