Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the forum myself and have a question maybe a couple of you guys could help me out with i am about to purchase a new ski and am not able to make a decision between the fx sho or the fx ho i have been told that the sho uses double the amount of fuel is this true i got told that u only get 3 hrs out of a tank on the sho and about 6 hrs on the ho is this true.
Having owned a rxt that was reasonable on fuel dont really want to be going to the sho and just having to carry jerry cans anywhere.
I have also the question of how much performance difference is there obviously a bit but is it worth twice the fuel and the initial purchase price aswell any help would be fantastic

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a HO

Went to riva, was almost out the door with the 08 SHO but ended up with a 06 HO with trailer and saved 5K. Now they told me me your gonna get about 5mph faster, slightly faster acceleration, but almost double the gas usage. My HO according to my console says it can burn up to 12.2 gallons per hour. That translates to about a 6 hour outing of constant riding and since you cant always go full throttle the entire time in the ocean you may even get 7 hours but im not sure on that. I will get the intake, the grate and ride plate and i should be up to 64-65 which is all im looking to achieve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh so what your saying is it isnt worth the money and extra gas that it costs for the performance you get i am really leaning towards the ho because of the gas i like to go out for full days and not worry about gas and also ive never seen a jerry can that holds more than 20 liters and that aint going to get ya far and your not going to carry three or four of them everywhere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was looking at a F12 and sho but got a HO

Just fYi, The riva dealership said the honda was "almost neck and neck" with the HO, with ho being slightly faster. I'm not sure in reality. they were the same price at riva, about 10k. I was also looking at a SHo which beat everything on the lot, but im glad i got my HO. It's got the best seat, and great towing as well as sticking to whatever turn i put it into. The extra space in the cooler or trunkis also better than the honda....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts