Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a used Yamaha FX (2015-2019) and am debating between the supercharged SVHO and the 4 cyl 1.8 HO motor. I have a 1996 2-stroke yamaha that has been 100% trouble free and I'd like to get something just as reliable. I've heard the HO motors are pretty fast and possibly more reliable.

Have any of you guys had issues with your superchargers? If so, what year and how many hours until problems started?

Is there any extra maintenance for a supercharger?

Would you say the non supercharged motors are more reliable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a used Yamaha FX (2015-2019) and am debating between the supercharged SVHO and the 4 cyl 1.8 HO motor. I have a 1996 2-stroke yamaha that has been 100% trouble free and I'd like to get something just as reliable. I've heard the HO motors are pretty fast and possibly more reliable.

Have any of you guys had issues with your superchargers? If so, what year and how many hours until problems started?

Is there any extra maintenance for a supercharger?

Would you say the non supercharged motors are more reliable?
I have only had mine 5 months but so far maintenance seems easy if you follow Manufactures schedule. 2021 Yamaha FX SVHO - 70 MPH no PROBLEM. Premium Gas is a must!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only had mine 5 months but so far maintenance seems easy if you follow Manufactures schedule. 2021 Yamaha FX SVHO - 70 MPH no PROBLEM. Premium Gas is a must!!!
View attachment 19580
Thanks for the reply. That's a great looking ski. I ended up getting two 2017 VXR's w/ the 1.8 High Output (non- supercharged motors). I forgot about needing premium gas for the SC's. It's nice to not need to worry about that for the HO's

·
Administrator
40 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That's a great looking ski. I ended up getting two 2017 VXR's w/ the 1.8 High Output (non- supercharged motors). I forgot about needing premium gas for the SC's. It's nice to not need to worry about that for the HO's
So last year I got 2017 FX cruiser HOs. I have already tuned, parts, and impeller. Night and day. I was doing same debate, I am really glad I didn't get the SC. The HO, with upgrades is all "I" need for "MY" uses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts