Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
i am new to this site and i like what i see. but, i have a problem. i am looking for a new jetski and i am between a Yamaha Fx SHO, Kawasaki Ultra 250X, or a Sea-Doo Rxt. should i be comparing the RXT or GTX to this class? i think i am leaning towards the Yamaha. are there any reliability issues i need to worry about? which has more luxury and power? which goes faster? can someone list the pros and cons of each. =] which is the better deal. i think the yamaha is more of a sport tourer. so. can someone help me. :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alot of help here on this site i see. =[

·
Registered
2 Posts
Forget Kawasaki, their little ride is over. It is between the SeaDoo and the Yamaha. You will really need to ride both and decide which feels better. Unfortunately, neither will be in a showroom just yet.

The Yamaha uses regular fuel and has better fuel efficiency. It is also traditionally more reliable. Ask a local dealer which brand they think is better built, and 99% will tell you Yamaha. The SHO has bigger displacement and a lighter hull.

The SeaDoo wins on pure horsepower, but this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison with the other factors considered.

The SeaDoo is more expensive (RXT-X-$13,299 vs. FX SHO Cruiser-$12,799).

I would recommend the Yamaha, but ultimately go with your gut instinct. Both will be pretty, fast, and impressive. The Yamaha just won't be in the shop half the time like the SeaDoo!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.

thanks.
i think i am going to go with the yamaha. it has more of a luxury sense than the sea-doo. and it doesnt look like a duck. haha. =] and i everyone talks about sea-doo being the best but i hear they break down alot. which is true? and which is faster you think? yamaha or sea-doo? and why is kawasakis little ride over?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have riden pretty much all brands of jetski's and for me I like the Seadoo for the quickness and power but the Yamaha has a good power range also. Seadoo's do tend to break down a bit more but then again I have had problems with Yamaha too. It is like buying a new car you don't know what problems it could have till you buy it and run it for a bit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea.

Yea. Thanks for your input. Im not really looking for the fastest thing in the world but, I want something that goes over 50. And something that accelerates strongly. I could care less about top speed for acceleration. So. Is it a good ski for what I want?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their input. I have pretty much decided on a 2007 Yamaha WaveRunner Fx Cruiser SHO. [Dang thats a long name] It has alot more features than the Sea-Doo. Oh and it looks a million times better. It has more options than the RXT could ever dream of. I dont even think the RXT has cupholders. Atleast they dont drain themselves. And another plus is the Cruise Assist on the Yamaha. Really helps on extended days. [I would guess] And Reverse with Traction Control. And No-Wake Mode. The Yamaha has a way better made hull and better quality. The Yamaha is also quicker from 0-30. It smokes the RXT. And the cruiser seat is awesome. Another plus is everyone is telling me that Yamaha has the best reliability. But some are saying the engine is gonna crash at about 300 hours. I seriously doubt that it will even get used that much. Its sexy, fast, and loaded. Why would anyone choose the RXT over the FX Cruiser SHO? .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cupholders?!?!?! So this is what pwc's have come to! Don't worry bud, just wait until you take that thing out for the first time, 300hrs will come in no time, took one summer for me!!! Didn't know it was quicker 0-30 though, must be the RXT, not the RXT-X. In response to the RXT over the FX Cruiser SHO, one word, racing. The SHO will not be able to race until a rule change, the engine is too big. Also, Riva makes a ton of mods for the RXT, because the SHO is a brand new model it will take some time, if they ever decide to make mods for it. But seriously...cupholders?!?!?! Well, it is a cruiser.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea.

Yea, I dont plan to race the thing. My best friend has a RXT. He never rides it, so it just sits in the yard. Mine will probably stay in the garage some. I dont think I'll use it 300 hours in one summer. So I think its a good ski for what I want to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
btw the yamah...and no jet ski...does not have cupholders....they are dry storage compartments...like for a cellphone or wallet...the sho didnt have enough storage so they added them...

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would say the seadoo is a little more race oriented...although both are very fast...the seadoo has a little better agility and is a little faster...but seadoo's have the best ride i have ever felt...i have not been on any yamis...and honda are certinly not rough water skis...

·
Registered
7 Posts
-allen. said:
Hello.
i am new to this site and i like what i see. but, i have a problem. i am looking for a new jetski and i am between a Yamaha Fx SHO, Kawasaki Ultra 250X, or a Sea-Doo Rxt. should i be comparing the RXT or GTX to this class? i think i am leaning towards the Yamaha. are there any reliability issues i need to worry about? which has more luxury and power? which goes faster? can someone list the pros and cons of each. =] which is the better deal. i think the yamaha is more of a sport tourer. so. can someone help me. :dunno:
I can tell you that you would be better off with a Yamaha SHO or with the RXT, RXT-X or RXP-X....I had two Kawi Ultra 250's and had lots of problems, the biggest one being the high volume of gas getting into the oil every time I took it out on the water. Poor crankcase ventilation and poor customer support. The RXT may have had issues with the clutch but i had changed mine out and NEVER had a problem with my RXT. I kept the oil changed every 15 hours for the clutch bearings sake and I couldn't have been happier. Also the same with my GTXsc'd. I just don't like the loud supercharger whine compared to the Yami or Kawi for that matter!

Think twice before leaping into the Ultra...in time it might be a proven machine but for the first year model it was overkill for "first year hiccups'! I sold them both at 14 hours..and man, did that thing suck up the gas!! Hope this helps..just do your homework and ask a lot of people.

I am waiting for my two SHO's to come in!! I honestly don't think you can go wrong if your truly looking at long term dependability!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
:appl: :laugh: :dunno:
-allen. said:
Hello.

·
Registered
54 Posts
who buys a ski for a cup holder...and who the hell drinks while riding =P

·
Registered
38 Posts
"who buys a ski for a cup holder...and who the hell drinks while riding =P"

Exactly, imo, ski's are meant to be ridden, not to be used as a couch to sit on and put a few back. If you want to go out, sit off with friends and have a few drinks, get a boat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
agibbs said:
"who buys a ski for a cup holder...and who the hell drinks while riding =P"

Exactly, imo, ski's are meant to be ridden, not to be used as a couch to sit on and put a few back. If you want to go out, sit off with friends and have a few drinks, get a boat.
Yes, I agree! If you want to hang out with friends and have a couple drinks, then invest in a boat not a jetski. But, I can see where seadoocers coming from. If your hanging with your friends and just drifting, then its pretty handy. Going over a 3 foot swell, and say bye-bye to mr. Heineken =P

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well guys,
In Arkansas the wake never gets over 1 foot. All the waves are small. lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts