·
Registered
54 Posts
then its time for a roadtrip to NJ :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
SeadooWINS said:
Yes, I agree! If you want to hang out with friends and have a couple drinks, then invest in a boat not a jetski. But, I can see where seadoocers coming from. If your hanging with your friends and just drifting, then its pretty handy. Going over a 3 foot swell, and say bye-bye to mr. Heineken =P

I can see that, my only problem is the whole glass beer bottle, or even a can, mixed with a bit of wave jumping etc. Would be in a sticky situation if I got pulled over by the marine police with a couple inches of beer in my storage container because of the smashed bottles!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hahaha I can see it now.

Mr. Officer: "Have you been drinking sir"

Person with yamaha SHO "Well, yes of course I have the yamaha SHO sir, it's got a beer holder" ahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having been a JetSki enthusiast for over 10 years now and also being the owner of an iS 260 sea-doo, a 2010 Kawasaki 260LX and a 2009 Yamaha FZR I can confidently say for an impressive combination of performance and luxury the Kawasaki clearly is a winner. I have had many problems with numerous Supercharge Sea-doo models and am yet to experience a single problem with the Kawasaki Superchargers.

Although the sea-doo's have a great look, their quality of build (in particular the supercharge-run models) does NOT surpass the quality build of the Kawasaki's.

If you're not after performance at all, by all means stick with sea-doo, but if you're a buyer that does not want problems with their supercharged ski (problems can be expensive!) then go for the KAWASAKI 260LX hands down

Good luck!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Oh please stop with the Kawasaki Junk

Having been a JetSki enthusiast for over 10 years now and also being the owner of an iS 260 sea-doo, a 2010 Kawasaki 260LX and a 2009 Yamaha FZR I can confidently say for an impressive combination of performance and luxury the Kawasaki clearly is a winner. I have had many problems with numerous Supercharge Sea-doo models and am yet to experience a single problem with the Kawasaki Superchargers.

Although the sea-doo's have a great look, their quality of build (in particular the supercharge-run models) does NOT surpass the quality build of the Kawasaki's.

If you're not after performance at all, by all means stick with sea-doo, but if you're a buyer that does not want problems with their supercharged ski (problems can be expensive!) then go for the KAWASAKI 260LX hands down

Good luck!
I have to totally disagree with"Pro-Rider"s opinion" About Kawasaki watercraft.

I own nothing but high performance Seadoos. Every time I see a Kawasaki (which is few and far between on the Cheaspeake Bay) I just feel sorry for the poor sap that wasted their money on something that cheap looking and slooow. I have yet to have any Kawasakis come close to the performance of my stockers. When the unmighty Ultras try to run with us they are toast. It is really funny to watch their faces when a 2006 RXT with a Riva STAGE III kit comes blowing by @ 75 MPH.

As for reliabilty, all my skis are supercharged. Not one has had any mechanical issues due to the superchargers. You just have to be proactive when it comes to maintenance. I took a stock motor from 215 HP to 295 HP and runs all day long. Meanwhile you should see the pic's of Kawasaki motors with blown cranks. How do you put a Jap motor up against an Austrian motor any way, European VS Japanese????????????

Until I see a Kawasaki run past my fleet then I won't give it a second thought.
All I can say is hop on my wake and if you are still there 5 miles later then we can talk. Just take a look at how many people are veiwing the manufactuers forums. Kawasakis are so popular they are fighting for last place right next to Tigersharks. Hopefully they to will stop making PWCS, like HONDA another Jap line bites the dust.

I would stop Jet Skiing if Kawasaki is all they made.

SO BRING IT, DON'T SING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with that...........:laugh:

So for all you saki drinkers, enjoy your Kawa sakis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to totally disagree with"Pro-Rider"s opinion" About Kawasaki watercraft.

I own nothing but high performance Seadoos. Every time I see a Kawasaki (which is few and far between on the Cheaspeake Bay) I just feel sorry for the poor sap that wasted their money on something that cheap looking and slooow. I have yet to have any Kawasakis come close to the performance of my stockers. When the unmighty Ultras try to run with us they are toast. It is really funny to watch their faces when a 2006 RXT with a Riva STAGE III kit comes blowing by @ 75 MPH.

As for reliabilty, all my skis are supercharged. Not one has had any mechanical issues due to the superchargers. You just have to be proactive when it comes to maintenance. I took a stock motor from 215 HP to 295 HP and runs all day long. Meanwhile you should see the pic's of Kawasaki motors with blown cranks. How do you put a Jap motor up against an Austrian motor any way, European VS Japanese????????????

Until I see a Kawasaki run past my fleet then I won't give it a second thought.
All I can say is hop on my wake and if you are still there 5 miles later then we can talk. Just take a look at how many people are veiwing the manufactuers forums. Kawasakis are so popular they are fighting for last place right next to Tigersharks. Hopefully they to will stop making PWCS, like HONDA another Jap line bites the dust.

I would stop Jet Skiing if Kawasaki is all they made.

SO BRING IT, DON'T SING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with that...........:laugh:

So for all you saki drinkers, enjoy your Kawa sakis.

And here it is, the pure configuration of Kawasaki skis surpasses the mere power hungry build of the seadoo. You have a lot to experience if you think that sea doo is simply better because of being able to pump out high low-response revs and win a race. I'm talking about quality, not quantity. The Kawasaki 260lx offers an impressive combination of performance, quality and luxury- I'm a man for quality and top notch builds. My current sea-doo does not compete with my Kawasaki nor have any of my past 8 seadoos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
-allen,

i just bought a sho 2010, picking it up this Friday along with a FZS. Look at yamaha's new literature, it shows the dealer required schedule for maintaining the yamaha vs the seadoo, seadoo is much more comprehensive and expensive. go yamaha and if you get bored, Riva will make it faster for you one step at a time.

/rl

·
Registered
44 Posts
Older ski opinion

I got into jet skis several years ago the poor way (buy old and repair). I have worked on all three that were all salt water skis that had been abused. The 94 Yamaha was just a matter of replacing some oxidized exhaust parts and a carb rebuild and I was on my way (still using it). I spent a lot of time and money on the 96 Sea Doo never figuring out a problem it had and sold it and am currently working on the 97 Kawasaki. It seems to be better than the Sea Doo. So far I am sold on Yamaha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The cup holder does not work at all, the drink that is positioned in it simply bounces into the gunwhale and off the rear of the jet ski into the ocean behind you.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The cup holders on Yamaha 4 strokes are not meant for use when the ski is underway. They are a "lounging at the beach" kind of accessory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys

Sorry to bring this 5 year old thread up,
How's the Yamaha and Kawasaki these days compare?
5 years later (Now). By using their top-end craft to compare:
Yamaha- FZR
Kawasaki- 300LX
SeaDoo- RXPX260X

Stock engine, All works pretty well.
Kawasaki handle choppy water = 1st.
Yamaha got most storage compartment = 1st.
SeaDoo turn just like a train and got the fastest 60mph = 1st.

All are champion. Depend on what you're looking at.
Cheers.
*I took the SeaDoo RXPX260X RS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think its down to what you want out of the ski, you always sacrifice something in order to achieve something else, the only downside I find possibly with my yamaha is that its a reletively big ski, a lot of the other skis that have shorter hulls seem to be able to get more airtime from smaller swells, I find when the sea is huge and gnarley my yamaha really comes into its own. Ive heard seadoo are better on flat water but thats not realy my thing so Im better with a yamaha ski.

I think theres alot of hype these days in regards to horsepower going on, but thats just my opinion, I havent had a ride on a Seadoo but I did have a ride on supercharged yamaha with all the performance mods (intake grill, larger pump e.t.c) and cant really say I noticed enough of a performance increase to warrant all the money it cost him, Im guessing its more in the top end speed, if anything I would say my 180hp ski got out of the box as fast if not faster likely due to the added weight of the supercharger.

Im pretty sure the yamaha dealer did mention to me that the FXHO will pull of the mark slightly faster than the FXSHO.

The Kawasaki skis I see out there on the water seem to go great and dont look to bad either, but never ridden one to compare. The only Seado skis Ive rode were back in the 2 stroke days an XP that was great fun, would like to own either a 2 stroke seadoo XP or a 2 stroke Yamaha gp1300r, them skis are my sentimantal favorites.

Remember also when it comes to water hulls it takes exponentially more horsepower in order to achieve very small performance increases, its more about hull design, A ski boat with a fast hull will be useless on anything else but flat water, a fishing trawler will not break any speed records for that matter, you cant simply use hp numbers to determine if its the best ski, there is no such thing as the best ski, you get the ski that is best for your type of rideing.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
All I know is that my sea doo GTI 4-stroke died with a broken timing chain at 47 hrs. PWC mechanics have told me that Yamahas and Kawasakis usually come to the shop for routine maintenance, while sea doo usually come in for repairs.

As always, I myself will never own another sea doo.

Z

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

·
Registered
811 Posts
I would like to say that my Seadoos have given me good service all the years that I have owned them, only problem that was a breakdown was my 2009 RXT 255 iS spun a driveshaft which was promptly fixed under warranty at no cost to me. Even a heavily modified 2006 RXT has not had any breakdowns with 119 hours to date. Any brand ski can have failures look at the thread where Yamaha had a catastrophic failure. Just read the different threads. You will see all the whiners there. Kawasaki Ultra's are famous for blown cranks as well.

Later,

OUTLAW:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
All I know is that my sea doo GTI 4-stroke died with a broken timing chain at 47 hrs. PWC mechanics have told me that Yamahas and Kawasakis usually come to the shop for routine maintenance, while sea doo usually come in for repairs.

As always, I myself will never own another sea doo.

Z

former sea doo owner, will never own one again
Possibly an all out attempt to make sure there horse power numbers are bigger than everyone elses, 260 hp from a 3 cylinder 1500 cc as a post to 180 - 220 hp out of a 4 cylinder 1800cc motor, its just common sense that the smaller motor built to produce more HP should be less reliable and have a shorter service life, its working harder and reving higher, more horsepower will also place more stress on all the other moveing parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to say that my Seadoos have given me good service all the years that I have owned them, only problem that was a breakdown was my 2009 RXT 255 iS spun a driveshaft which was promptly fixed under warranty at no cost to me. Even a heavily modified 2006 RXT has not had any breakdowns with 119 hours to date. Any brand ski can have failures look at the thread where Yamaha had a catastrophic failure. Just read the different threads. You will see all the whiners there. Kawasaki Ultra's are famous for blown cranks as well.

Later,

OUTLAW:cool:
What is the smoothest riding Sea Doo on the market I would also like a three seater

21 - 40 of 41 Posts