Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to jet skis. I have a yamaha VX 110 and I need some help with removing and replacing the AIR filter. I am handy with tools but I am not sure how to deal with the air cleaner box and how to remove it. Please help:)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Its a little tricky on the VX, cause its hard to get to. My brother claims he can do it without removing the fuel line, etc., but you need 2 people. One to hold stuff out of the way, and another to open the box and slide out the filter. The "correct" service manual way to do it says to disconnect the fuel hose, the air intake hose, and the oil separator breather hose first then take the air filter box apart to get to the filter. Here are the pages from the service manual:

Keep in mind that there is rarely a need to replace this filter, unless it has become contaminated with oil, water, etc.. Some guys run without a filter, and report no problems. You might want to consider using a R&D filter instead of the OEM filter if you do need a replacement: ISLAND RACING

·
Registered
2 Posts
You DO NOT need to remove the fuel line! Just slip a very thin screwdriver in the bottom of the cable clamp that secures it to the air filter box--and hold it up out of the way. I do this easily by myself. One caveat--be careful not to drop the screws from the housing into the bottom of your hull. Have a telescoping magnetic pickup handy, when you do.Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
One addition to the above reply----remove the rubber connector pipe from the top of the air filter compartment that connects to the intake manifold. This makes removing the top very easy--after you have taken out the 6 screws which you are going to try not to drop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts