Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing shows on the cluster. I bought it like this and would like it to work, i checked the fuses and they look fine, Ski runs fine, not other problem, and one more thing, it make a noise when i cold start it, it goes away after a minuit but i dont know if its normal.

Pls help me i need my cluster to work, Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. Did you find a fix? Or does anyone else know why the cluster will not display? I even bought a new clucster. Waste of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem with mine. Did you find a fix? Or does anyone else know why the cluster will not display? I even bought a new clucster. Waste of money.
I did not, i tried to fix it my self by connecting the power cables directly to a separate battery and still no fix :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
so you just run it without cluster working? I have, with no problems. I have tried to troubleshoot the harness but no issues found yet. All sensors and pigtails seem OK. I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in with our solution.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The display cluster on these skis is sealed. I don't know of any way to fix them once they stop working. If you are an electrical guru, then it may be possible, but once you break into the display, I'm not sure you would be able to seal it again. I've never heard of anyone being able to successfully repair one.

I'd look for a used one from someone parting out their ski.

If your ski will not run at all then you may have much more wrong than just a bad display. I'd look at possibly a bad ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, But I have 2 identical units So I can try one befor I purchase a part, Everyone said ECM, I swapped it, Nothing, and the old one started the other unit, No Display, 2 new Batteries, No Display on one unit, and no spark, My shop said it may be security module, Just cranks, No spark, and no display on Gauges at all. Any body have ideas ??????

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check to see if you get power up to the instrument cluster.

I would also take a look at your start/stop switch, especially if you have an older VX. I own 5 VX 110s (2005, 2007, 2008, 2008 & 2012) and have had similar no spark/no start problems with three (3) machines that were caused by the start/stop switch. In one of the machines, the instrument cluster also stopped working temporarily. The wires for the start/stop switch run inside the steering column and exit to the left in the area just behind the left white plastic panel that defines your storage compartment. From there, the 2 start/stop switch wires plug into another pigtail. The start/stop switch is identified by its red wire and brown wire. I typically have an extra start/stop switch available that I can plug directly into the aforementioned pigtail to test if the start/stop switch mounted to the handlebars is defective. If it is, then the extra start/stop switch should start the machine with the tether installed when the green button is depressed. Since you have multiple machines, I would recommend making jumper wires that run from the red and brown wires of the start/stop switch from the good machine over to the aforementioned pigtail on the non-functional machine. If your non-functional machine starts, then the start/stop switch is your problem and you should replace it with a new one. I would not attempt to pull the start/stop switch wires back through the steering column until you first determine that the start/stop switch is the problem. If it is, let me know and I will tell you how to easily pull the wires back through the steering column and then run the wires of the new start/stop switch back down through the steering column and to the aforementioned pigtail.

My machines have spent their entire lives in Florida saltwater. I would recommend that you check, clean and apply dielectric grease to all of the pigtails/terminals in the engine compartment. Corrosion in the pigtails/terminals can also cause electrical problems like you are having.

Let us know if any of the above helps.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bill are you still available to discuss this topic ??

Check to see if you get power up to the instrument cluster.

I would also take a look at your start/stop switch, especially if you have an older VX. I own 5 VX 110s (2005, 2007, 2008, 2008 & 2012) and have had similar no spark/no start problems with three (3) machines that were caused by the start/stop switch. In one of the machines, the instrument cluster also stopped working temporarily. The wires for the start/stop switch run inside the steering column and exit to the left in the area just behind the left white plastic panel that defines your storage compartment. From there, the 2 start/stop switch wires plug into another pigtail. The start/stop switch is identified by its red wire and brown wire. I typically have an extra start/stop switch available that I can plug directly into the aforementioned pigtail to test if the start/stop switch mounted to the handlebars is defective. If it is, then the extra start/stop switch should start the machine with the tether installed when the green button is depressed. Since you have multiple machines, I would recommend making jumper wires that run from the red and brown wires of the start/stop switch from the good machine over to the aforementioned pigtail on the non-functional machine. If your non-functional machine starts, then the start/stop switch is your problem and you should replace it with a new one. I would not attempt to pull the start/stop switch wires back through the steering column until you first determine that the start/stop switch is the problem. If it is, let me know and I will tell you how to easily pull the wires back through the steering column and then run the wires of the new start/stop switch back down through the steering column and to the aforementioned pigtail.

My machines have spent their entire lives in Florida saltwater. I would recommend that you check, clean and apply dielectric grease to all of the pigtails/terminals in the engine compartment. Corrosion in the pigtails/terminals can also cause electrical problems like you are having.

Let us know if any of the above helps.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts