Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a yamaha vx110 waverunner a couple of years old with apparently not a lot of use on it. It is the first time i have owned a jet ski. I took it out for the first time the other day and after 20 mins on the sea the orange engine warning light came on, this happened the first time after i had hit a bit of a wave. I turned it off and left it for 5 mins and then reset it and the light was off. I had about another 5 mins before the light came on again so i took it out of the water.

The day after i checked under the seat and there was a little water in the channel at the back which i drained out and then looked for any obvious faults. I then took it back on the water only to find the light on after 5 mins again. I took it out of the water unsure of the fault.

The jet ski seems to be running fine and the only thing i noticed was the oil was slightly to high but only a couple of mm over the max line.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

allyn

·
Registered
29 Posts
You do not want to run that machine with the oil level past the mid way point. If oil gets on the air filter, it's trash. The new air filter is over a 100 bucks. I'll have to check what the warning light is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts