Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Help me diagnose an issue I am having with my 2005 VX1100 with 71 hours on it. It was working fine two weeks ago, but when we went out today it was missing pretty bad at idle. I can hear it missing through 5,000 RPM as well. It may be missing above that, but I cannot hear it.

It does seem to run perfectly at speed. I can still hit the same top speed of about 56 MPH and it sounds fine.

The only thing that I can think of is the gas I poured in last week after we were done was fouled. There is a fair chance it was from the bottom of the tank at the gas station because they had a few pumps shut off and marked out of order.

Does this sound like bad gas? Should I worry about it or drain the gas? In other words, can it hurt anything or should I just run it to almost out of gas and fill it up with better fuel.

Thanks for your insights.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bad fuel most likely. I'd run the old stuff out and replace (try increasing octane if it is knocking). Other possibility is debris in fuel injector. Less likely possibilities include a fouled air filter or fouled spark plug(s)........I think these are less likely, because they are usually associated with a significant loss in performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts